Next I unpacked everything else and carefully tested, if I could put my old Minolta lenses on the new camera. It worked!
Then I installed the software that came with the camera wondering how much of it I’ll unistall again soon and began to read the manual. It’s a big manual. Sigh. I made tea and lunch and waited for a full battery.
Finally it was time for some rather mindless test-photgraphy in the garden. Just to see if everything worked properly. I tried all three lenses and was happy with the results. When I had seen those, I went for a short walk in the neighbourhood to take bad photos with a camera I don’t understand yet. I quite like learning by doing. Below I are the presentable shots I was able to make.
Meine alten Minoltaobjektive passen auf die neue Kamera, alles funktioniert technisch einwandfrei und ein klein wenig geübt habe ich auch schon, wie ihr unten sehen könnt.
I think this was the second photo I took. The insect is about 2mm long and was modelling on a daisy for me.
I’m not sure why the neighbours dump the pine cones under this tree, but it looks kind of cool.
Another lady bug, this time on a stinging nettle which kept me at some distance.
I’m getting better at botany and was able to identify this plant as Creeping Thistle (Ackerkratzdistel) all by myself.
A quick look at the sky.
A visit to the neighbourhood church to see how the camera does in poor light.
Here, I should have tried automatic HDR, but forgot.
An extraordinarily posh Citroen CV2 by the road. In German it is called “Ente” which means “Duck”.
And finally a portrait of a little singer.
Considering that I shot all these photos with a totally unfamiliar camera, without much thought and just altered them slightly before posting them, I am very, very pleased with the results.
I am also very, very starved. If you’ll excuse me, I have to make supper now.